Teri A. Murray, Ph.D., PHNA-BC, RN, FAAN
Professor and Dean Emerita
She has 25 years of experience serving as an academic administrator in varying capacities.
- B.S.N. Saint Louis University School of Nursing
- M.Ed. Community and Adult Education University of Missouri-Saint Louis
- M.S.N. Community Health Nursing Saint Louis University
- Ph.D. Higher Education Administration Saint Louis University
- Certificate, Management and Leadership Institute, Harvard University, School of Graduate Education
Dr. Murray's research & policy interests are focused on the social determinants of health, population
health, and the interplay between social environment and health outcomes to achieve
individual and community level health equity.
Publications and Media Placements
Please follow this link to view publications from Dr. Murray.
Honors and Awards
- 2018: Woman of the Year, Saint Louis University
- 2017: Distinguished Black Alumni Award, Black Alumni Association, Saint Louis University
- 2016: Honoree, Women’s Leadership Society of the United Way of Greater St. Louis
- 2016: Exemplary Leadership Award, National Coalition of 100 Black Women
- 2014: National Institute of Health/National Institute of Minority Health Disparities: Health Disparities Course/Health Disparities Participant Scholar
- 2014: Government Affairs Advocate of the Year Award, American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- 2011: Fellow, American Academy of Nursing
- 2011: Stellar Performance in Healthcare Award, St. Louis American Foundation
- 2011: Alpha Sigma Nu, Jesuit Honor Society
- 2010: Leadership for the 21st Century Certificate, Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government
- 2010: Excellence in African-American Award, University of Missouri-Saint Louis
- 2009: Exceptional Leader Award, YWCA
- 2009: Certificate, Institute of Management and Leadership in Higher Education
- 2008: Exceptional Commitment Award, National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Member
- 2008: Board Leadership Development Advisory Panel
- 2006: Fellow, Executive Nurse Fellows Program, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- 2005: National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Institute of Regulatory Excellence
- 2005: Fellow, American Association of Colleges of Nursing: Academic Leadership Program
- 2000: President’s Academic Leadership Institute, University of Missouri-Saint Louis
- 1993: Sigma Theta Tau – International Honor Society, Delta Lambda Chapter
Professional Organizations and Associations
Please follow this link to view Dr. Murray's professional organizations and associations.
Community Work and Service
Please follow this link to view Dr. Murray's community work and service.