Joanne C Langan, Ph.D., RN, C.N.E.
Disaster Preparedness, Curriculum Development
- B.S., Education, Quincy University
- B.S.N., Nursing, University of Southern Mississippi
- M.S.N., Nursing Administration, George Mason University
- Ph.D., Nursing Administration, George Mason University
- Nursing Education Certificate, George Mason University
- Certified Nurse Educator, National League for Nursing
Dr. Langan clinical expertise is in Adult Medical/Surgical and Community-based nursing. Her research and interests involve disaster preparedness.
Publications and Media Placements
- Palmer, J. L., Langan, J., Krampe, J., Krieger, M. M., Lorenz, R. A., Schneider, J., Smith, J. M., Lach, H. W. (2014). A model of risk reduction for older adults vulnerable to nursing home placement. Research and Theory for Nursing Practice, 28(2), 162-192. dx.doi.org/10.1891/1541-6518.104.22.168
- Langan, J. C. & Christopher, K. (2012). Factors influencing the decision to evacuate or shelter in place: Follow-up of Hurricane Katrina. Journal of Emergency Management, (10), 3, 185-195.
- Langan, J. C. & Palmer, J. (2012). Listening to and learning from older adult Hurricane Katrina survivors. Public Health Nursing, (29) 2, 126-135.
- Langan, J. C. (2010) Giving through Teaching: How Nurse Educators are Changing the World "Post 9-11: Turning Tragedy into Triumph through Classroom and On-Line Disaster Preparedness Nursing Education," NLN: Publisher
- Cacchione, P., Langan, J.C., Culp, K.R., & Willoughby, L. (September, 2011). Disaster strikes! Long-term care resident outcomes following a natural disaster. Journal of Gerontological Nursing.
Honors and Awards
- P.I. HRSA Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students, 2016-2020 ($2.1 million)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Nurses Association
- Association of Community Health Nursing Educators
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Missouri Nurses Association
- National League for Nursing
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International