Saint Louis University's Department of Campus Recreation and Wellness can provide you with resources to ensure you have a healthy mind, body and spirit throughout your time here at SLU.
- Student Health 101 is an online health, wellness and academic success publication for students and their parents. It is published on more than 200 campuses across the country and presents engaging, interactive content.
- SLU received a Healthy Campus Honor from the Partnership for a Healthier America and has implemented rigorous guidelines to stand out among peer institutions. The guidelines range from healthy wellness meal offerings to easy access to water, and include more diverse opportunities for physical activity.
Saint Louis University is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for all students. Sexual misconduct and prevention resources are available.
What is bystander intervention? Bystander intervention is a straightforward concept that simply means that in any given situation, there are people who may observe what is happening and be in a position to prevent an incident.
- Actions can be small, like asking a friend to stop making sexist jokes.
- Actions can be on a larger scale, like organizing an educational program for campus that helps facilitate understanding about sexual assault.
- It might also mean intervening or getting help if you see a troubling situation among friends or even strangers.
- StepUP! and intervene when someone around you is in need.
The foundation of our Peer Education Program is based upon research that shows that peers educating peers is one of the most effective form of education on many sensitive or personal topics. This method allows for students to gain responsibility and leadership experience within their community while engaging their peers and educating the campus at large on many topics surrounding health and wellness.
Peer Educators provide classroom presentations, plan and implement educational events on campus.
Interested in becoming a Peer Educator? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.