Founded in 1843, Saint Louis University School of Law is the oldest law school west of the Mississippi River. The strength of faculty, breadth of course offerings and extensive clinical and professional skills experiences provide students with a well-rounded legal education.
The law school's home at Scott Hall is located in the heart of downtown St. Louis and offers students unparalleled access to leading law firms, corporations, government agencies and nonprofit organizations. The City of St. Louis Civil Courts Building and the Thomas F. Eagleton U.S. Courthouse are mere steps away — giving students a unique opportunity to see the law in action. SLU LAW will challenge your intellect, develop your passion for the law and help you build lifelong connections with the greater legal community.
SLU LAW Offers
- Three Centers of Excellence, including the top-rated Center for Health Law Studies
- Concentrations in four areas of law
- 11 dual-degree programs
- Opportunities to study abroad
- A part-time program for working adults
- Extensive professional skills training through the Legal Clinics, moot court and trial advocacy programs for careers in litigation, transactional and non-traditional legal practice
- Merit-based scholarships, including 10 full-tuition scholarships
- Unparalleled public service opportunities
- A wealth of externship placements, including the Semester in D.C. programs