What is a Billiken? Meet SLU's Mascot
Welcome to Be a Billiken and to Saint Louis University. There are a few things you should know about SLU. First, the entire campus is really friendly. From the upperclassmen you'll meet during your campus visit, to current students, faculty and staff, SLU is known for being welcoming.
Secondly, SLU is someplace you come to change the world. We believe in our mission and live it every day. SLU students are involved in the community before graduation (service is a big deal here), and you'll choose from nearly 90 incredible programs, taught by faculty that are top-of-their-field, that prepare you to make an impact when you graduate.
But what's the most important thing to know before you come to SLU? How to answer
the question: What's a Billiken?
- Being a Billiken: So Much More than SLU's Mascot
- College Matters: Where You Go to School Makes a Difference
- Fall Welcome at SLU: Your First Days at Saint Louis University
- Getting Involved at SLU: Here's How to Start
- Here Is St. Louis: See What Makes SLU's Hometown a Great Place to Live, Learn and Have Fun
- Interested in Living in a Learning Community? Here's What You Need to Know.
- Mass at College Church: Spiritual Life at Saint Louis University
- SLU 101: Summer Orientation at SLU
- Tour SLU: Academics — An Inside Look at Our Classrooms, Study Spots and Library
- Tour SLU: Student Life — What's It Like to go to SLU?
- Tour SLU: Where to Eat and Sleep
- University 101: A Crash Course in Succeeding at Saint Louis University
- Why SLU Is the Right Choice